Do I have to have experience?
You should have a working knowledge of your DSLR. We welcome students who have never been on set at a Fashion shoot or an opportunity to shoot models.
How is the shoot lit?
James Nader and his team will set up all of the equipment & lighting. You will be guided through what the lights are so you know for the future
Who runs the experiences?
James is on hand throughout theday guiding and working on the design of the shoot plus guiding through the lighting and modelset ups, no one will be standing in for James as this is his personal style which is being demonstrated
How big are the Workshop days?
Our group size depends on the actual experience chosen but no more than 16 and no less then 5.
Do you offer a refund?
Unfortunately, we do not offer refunds, however you may switch to another portfolio building day if it has the availability.
What experience level do I need?
The Creed Expereince dayss are open to all levels and types of photographers – you must however have a good knowledge of your camera in manual mode as we will not have time to go through all of the basics to ensure you can shoot. It is best to brush up in advance however if there is problem you would be able to use James’ Nikon camera
What equipment do I need to bring?
We recommend you bring a digital SLR, a couple of lenses for variety (I personally recommend bringing either a 24-70mm lens, or a couple of primes such as the 50mm 1.4 or 85mm 1.2). Please also bring a few memory cards, a spare battery and your portfolio (this can be an iPad, printed portfolio or on your laptop! If you are joining a retouching session you will be required to bring a laptop to follow along. Additional information (if required) about equipment will be emailed to students before the workshop.
Is accommodation/travel costs included in the cost of the workshop?
The course cost only covers the workshop only (unless stated). You will be responsible for booking your own accommodation and travel.
How much is the deposit for the course and when is it due?
To book a space on the workshop, you need to put a 50% deposit down of the total course cost. This reserves your space. The final payment is due 2 weeks before the workshop start date.
Is my deposit refundable?
We understand that sometimes unexpected changes happen so we try to be as flexible as possible with cancellations. We need to be notified of your cancellation as soon as possible – if you decide to cancel 30 days before the workshop then the deposit is refundable, this gives us time to give someone else the space. If you cancel under the 30 days notice the deposit is non-refundable. However, we do allow the deposit to be used as credit towards another workshop if you wish to do so. Please read the T&C page for our policy on refunds & cancellations.
What happens if you cancel a workshop date?
If we have to cancel a workshop due to not filling a workshop or bad weather, we will notify you as soon as possible, and either refund you the deposit or credit it towards another course.
What are the usage terms of the images we take on the workshop?
The images taken by each individual are for non-commercial use only – you are allowed to use the images for your printed portfolio, websites and on your social media channels. Any commercial usage (print sales, exhibitions etc) need to be cleared before use by the models agency and by us at James Nader Worskhops.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions Agreement for The Creed Cinematic Experiences
Please read all before considering your booking.
These Photographic experiences are run by The Creed which is solely owned by James Nader Productions Ltd ( JNPL ). These terms and conditions form the agreement between you, the photographer, or attendee and James Nader Productions Ltd (JNPL). By booking an experience and signing this agreement, you agree to abide and be bound by these terms and conditions. If you have any questions or concerns about this agreement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The actual experiences
- For you to get the most out of the workshop and enjoy your experience, please ensure that you arrive at the specified location on time and attend each of our work session in full. If you are unable to attend you must notify us by email at email@example.com. Latecomers are still allowed to participate with discretion of the team or James. Unfortunately you are not entitled to a refund even if you miss a segment of the workshop experience or don’t turn up at all for the session.
- If your behaviour or conduct is deemed unacceptable or inappropriate by James or The Creed Team, you will be asked to leave the workshop session without any partial or full refund.
- James Nader and or The Team Creed are perfectly entitled to change the venue, location or make changes to the overall running of the days workshop experience and in this unlikely event that changes are made to your day there will be notice made to all photographers as soon as possible.
Fees & Cancellations
- A 50% deposit is required by (JNPL) for for each workshop at the time you enrol or sign up for your experience. We will advise you the exact amount needed as a deposit at the time you complete your enrolment. Your 50% deposit confirms your place within our workshop workshop. If you cancel your enrolment in a workshop more than 8 weeks before the course start date, we will refund your deposit. After this time period the deposit is non-refundable.
- Following your acceptance of the booking, you will be required to pay us the balance amount of the workshop fee at least 30 days before the course start date. Failure to pay any of the remaining balance of the total fee for your chosen workshop will result in you losing you place within our workshop and therefore will not receive a refund of any portion of your deposit whatsoever.
- If outstanding fees are not paid by the due date specified, Team Creed will without hesitation reallocate your place to another photographer. You shall remain liable for the remainder of the fee for the workshop you were intending to access and we will endeavour claim this back from you. You will not get a refund and be liable to the final balance that was due at that time.
- Our Course transfer terms –If for any reason you are unable to attend the course you requested and because of the specialist nature of the experiences we offer, we are unable to re-allocate you to another one of our workshops or re-assign your booking to a similar course. If extenuating circumstances are proven then we may discuss options but this is on a case by case basis.
- Paypal & Bank Fees – If you cancel your place on the workshop and there are Paypal/bank fees to process the refund of your booking transaction, you will be responsible for those fees and this amount will be removed from the total of your refund.
- Sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances The Creed may need to cancel a workshop at any time prior to commencement. In this unlikely event of cancelling a workshop JNPL will notify you as soon as possible and any fees or deposits received from you will be refunded. We do not refund any travel or accommodation costs you may have incurred for cancelled courses.
The Creed Picture Usage
- Participating Photographers are not permitted to use images taken at the workshop for any commercial purposes that includes online or offline sales via stock or picture libraries or third parties. Any picture usage is strictly for your own use for self promotion via online or offline. Social media usage during your experience is allowed both during and after however only to promote what you are creating for your portfolio. Images can never be submitted to online or offline magazines, exhibitions or competitions without permission from us or from our models. Images must not be used to advertise photo-shoots, workshops or products. We can however review this on a ad-hoc basis and in this instance please get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org
- You acknowledge that we have advised you that none of the participants in the workshop have given releases allowing commercial use of any images taken at the workshop and that you may be subject to legal liability if you use any images commercially. You agree to indemnify and defend James Nader Productions Ltd, its members officers and employees and all other participants in the workshop from any claims, losses, costs or expenses (including attorneys’ fees and disbursements) arising out of or relating to any claim that you have used an image taken at the workshop in any manner that is not permitted in this Agreement..
- Any posting of images on social media is fine but subject to credit for The Creed and James Nader.
- Attending photographers are not allowed to film or record any content during their experience, without prior permission. Anyone who does so, could face legal action.
- James Nader, James Nader Productions and The Creed are not responsible for any personal injury or damage to property arising from incidents occurring at the experience. Remember to be aware of your won equipment at the experience as we are not responsible for loss of, or damage to, your property and you are advised to have your own insurance to cover your items or belongings.
- When booking your experience you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated in the above information.